Key features making Jaipur preferred investment destination
- Jaipur, the Pink City of India, is one of the three important constituents of the ‘Golden triangle’ of Jaipur, Delhi and Agra. It is the fastest growing city in Northern India, embellished with wide & improved roads, cleanliness everywhere, lower level of encroachments, and beautified by landscaping & tree plantations, development of gardens, parks and water parks.
- Jaipur''s social environment is conducive for economic growth, prosperity and peace. The economic opportunities, the peaceful environment and the linkages through railways, highways and international airport at Jaipur make it the favorite destinations for investors and entrepreneurs.
- Ample parking facilities, congestion-free traffic with a number of flyovers and bridges, carpeted roads and civilized people augurs well for the city.
- Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola and McDonald''s are coming here. GE, the company that had redefined Gurgaon, has moved into Jaipur and this has paved the way for the entry of a number of IT and ITES companies. Besides IT companies like Infosys and Wipro, there are many fast growing IT/ITES companies who are eyeing Jaipur for their expansion.
- Jaipur have several clubs that offer recreational facilities including indoor and outdoor sports. Fitness clubs and gymnasium facilities are available in Jaipur. Golfers can tee off at the Rambagh Golf Club, and Polo lovers may have horse polo in Jaipur. Apart from horse polo, one can watch and play polo on elephant or camel-back or on a bicycle. The prestigious Rajasthan Polo Club in Jaipur has many distinguished polo players as it members.
- A number of heritage hotels (hotels created by converting the forts, palaces, havelis - old houses of noblemen and retreats of former rulers - and approved star hotels are situated in Jaipur. The Taj group, Welcome group, Oberoi Group, etc. are providing their world class services in Jaipur.
- Jaipur is fast becoming a center of quality education and coaching center for entrance of various reputed institutions. In addition, many medical & engineering colleges have been started and functioning smoothly. Jaipur has some of the country''s best schools.
- The Government of Rajasthan has decided to accord high priority to the development of towns and cities. A special project of Rs.1,530 crore has been prepared for strengthening the infrastructure in six principal towns of Rajasthan, namely Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur, Kota and Ajmer.
What Investors Speak...
- Eleventh largest city in India with a population of 3.0 million. Highest population growth among tier two cities (49% for decade 91-2001)
- Destined to become a Mega City by 2025 with a population of 10 million persons encompassing over an area of about 800 sq km.
- Capital of the largest state of India, Rajasthan
- Availability of international airport, with flights to all major destinations in India and abroad
- Counter magnet to New Delhi, the capital of India
- Hub of domestic and foreign tourist, with almost 80% of foreign tourist coming to India, visits Rajasthan via Jaipur
- Great center of exports. Largest center for export of colored gemstones, sterling silver jewellery, handicrafts, carpets, apparel, traditional footwear, marble & stone artifacts, engineering goods, etc.
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) joint venture by Mahindra & Mahindra with RIICO on 3000 bighas of land
- Fast emerging health care destination, with Medicity of Reliance Group in the pipeline
- Emerging IT/ITES destination, with major players like Genpact, Infosys Progeon, etc. already present in the city
- Located on Golden Quadrilateral which is proposed to be upgraded as & National Express Way
- Fast emerging education center and boasts of a developed infrastructure
- Excellent law and order situation, with stable political scenario
- Low Establishment Cost
"I think Jaipur is very attractive. It''s clean, it''s very well-maintained; the infrastructure in the town is very good; it''s open; plus, we have a lot of graduates and a lot of excellent colleges to pick future employees from.... So, all these things put together have made Jaipur very attractive for us."
-- Pramod Bhasin, President, GE Capital
"The State Government has been constantly investing funds to improve the industrial infrastructure. The availability of electricity for industrial consumption is one of the best in North India."
-- Alex Von Behr, President and CEO, Coca-Cola India
"The peaceful industrial climate, the support of the government, a willingness to keep pace with changing times through reforms and supportive agencies have made Rajasthan very conducive to industry. The infrastructure in the state continues to be among the best."
-- Pran Dang, Managing Director, Gillette India Ltd.
"One thing I would like to say about Rajasthan Government is that from an investor''''s perspective, the other state governments, the "traditional" Indian state governments and officials have a very regulatory approach towards investment, the Rajasthan Government has a very promotional and proactive approach towards industry. That goes a long way in the success of the industry."
-- Harsh Chopra, Managing Director, Ray-Ban India